Re: All who know VTTC stuff ;-).

Original poster: FutureT-at-aol-dot-com

In a message dated 7/15/04 6:40:20 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
tesla-at-pupman-dot-com writes:

Kreso,

I don't know how much power is going into your coil, nor do
I know how it is designed and built.  If you have access to
a wattmeter, this would be helpful for calculating the potential
spark length.  Of course much depends on the quality of
components, the design, the tube, etc.  If you have no
wattmeter but have an ammeter that will at least give you
a general idea of the input power if you guess at the power
factor.  In any case it's hard for me to say whether your coil
can do better given my limited knowledge of the coil.  I also
don't know how long the sparks were originally.  I get the
impression that your sparks are longer now after you re-wound
the secondary, but I don't know how much longer.  You may
have given a website or info in the past, but I've been busy
and often delayed in my website viewing.

John