Re: Building single pulse capacitors

Due to the high dielectric constant of glass, 7.1 - 7.3, a stacked glass
plate cap design works well for a Marx circuit.  Use sparkgaps between the
caps plates which produces a very low inductance design.  We made on once
using 24 x 24 inch square pieces of glass plate (double strength).  It
produced 500 kV and was only 6 feet tall.  Glass works great on DC it's just
terrible on AC (power factor losses).

Use wire pieces covered with Alum foil at the very edge of all the
plates --- this produces a nice corona supressor.

Dr. Resonance