Tube Question...

Original poster: Brett Miller <brmtesla2-at-yahoo-dot-com>

All,

This question is mainly directed to John Freau, Steve
Ward, and all the other VTTC enthusiasts.

I have a ham radio friend who recently came into a
large lot of tubes due to a silent key (ham who passed
away) estate giveaway.  There are many I have not
heard of....lots of power tubes with metal heat sinks
and many other glass tubes new in the box.  One in
particular I was curious about was a brand new Eimac
4PR60B.  If this would be suitable for VTTC use I
would probably be able to trade something for it or he
might just hand it to me.  Also there was a matched
pair of 4-125's.  I believe I recall those being on a
list John emailed me a while ago.  I will check that
list.

It would be nice, plus it would encourage more VTTC
experimentation if there was a big list of usable
tubes somewhere on Hot-Streamer.  It would be even
better if there was also a directory which held text
files containing vacuum tube pinouts.  For some, I'm
sure these things are elementary, but I think such a
resource could really benefit the beginner.

-Brett