RE: Quarter Wavelength Frequency

Original poster: Jan Wagner <jwagner-at-cc.hut.fi>

On Tue, 13 Jul 2004, Jan Wagner wrote:
 > On Mon, 12 Jul 2004, Tesla list wrote:
 > > Original poster: "David Thomson" <dwt-at-volantis-dot-org>
 > How the field goes on about rearranging itself you can
 > simulate and watch with discretized Maxwell equations, for example with
 > some 3D FDTD method. (looks like there's at least one XFDTD prog version
 > on share via www.emule-project-dot-net, but OTOH there are also many freeware
 > tools and source code on the internet, and there's www.aplac-dot-com circuit
 > sim demo version which can handle FDTD, albeit it's more like for smaller
 > VHF/UHF helix antennas...)

And of course I managed to leave out the most important part: when you run
a Fourier transform on the fields late during or right after your FDTD
simulation, you directly get the resonant freq(s).

cheers,
  - Jan

--
  Helsinki University of Technology
  Dept. of Electrical and Communications Engineering