Re: gdt

Original poster: David Speck <dave-at-davidspeckmd-dot-org>

Claude,
One way to get a precise turns ratio is to use 5 parallel lengths of wire
loosely twisted into a bundle,  and wind your transformer with them.
If you designate the wires as A, B, C, D, and E, then let A be your
primary, and connect the end of B to the start of C for one secondary, and
the end of D to the start of E for the other secondary.

Some of the "real" electronics gurus on the list could tell you how many
turns you would need.  The optimum number depends  upon the dimensions of
the core, the permeability of the material and possibly the operating
frequency range.  My bet is that something between ten and 25 turns would
be OK, but you may have to try a couple different values.

If anyone could post a precise formula, or directions to the same, I'd be
interested in seeing that myself.

HTH,
Dave