Re: measuring the resonant frequency of the secondary

Original poster: "Harold Weiss" <hweiss-at-new.rr-dot-com>

Gerry's right,

I found that the load of the o-scope will change the resonant frequency if
connected to the toroid.  The capacitor formed by the toroid is proximity
sensitive.  Take two LEDs and hook them in parallel with opposite polarity
and hook that into the ground lead.  Then hook up the signal
generator/o-scope to the primary.  The LEDs will glow at resonant peaks.
The brightest peak will be the main frequency, and the dimmer peaks will be
the harmonics.

David E Weiss