Re: Resonant Voltage Formula

Original poster: Ed Phillips <evp-at-pacbell-dot-net>

"Hello all,

As we all know a resonant circuit driven at it's resonant frequency will
have a final voltage of Vin *  Q of the circuit. I wish to know if there
is
a formula or method for finding the voltage at X number of cycles. This
also might be useful in the up and coming DRSSTC field.

Cheers,

John"

	That formula applies to a series-resonant circuit, of course.  If the
load resistance is linear there's a very simple expression which gives
the variation of voltage with time during the decay.

Ed