Tesla show July 10th international Tesla day

Original poster: gecko saccomanno <gecko-at-chickscook-dot-org>

Gecko and  the Collective:Unconscious are proud to present the last
TESLAMANIA at Collective: Unconscious Ludlow- cuz ya'll must know were
moving at the
end of the month!! See info below for the latest updates about our new space!

TESLAMANIA
July 10th is the birthday of the amazing physicist Nicola Tesla and
Collective:Unconscious member Gecko Saccomanno. Join Gecko, the Tesla coils
and
technical directon/ member Jamie Mereness the master of the high energy
physics lab
at Collective as they celebrate with glorious bolts of electricity!!

What better way to share 'international tesla day', than with the LARGEST
TESLA COIL ON THE ISLAND OF MANHATTAN!!!!!!!

See amazing electro- treats. Feast your eyes on lightning bolts, your ears on
the sound of air molecules being zapped, smell the fresh sent of ozone-...
where science meets art meets one heck of a birthday party..

saturday, July 10th 10pm
collectiveunconscious
145 ludlow
gecko-at-chickscook-dot-org

see:
http://www.chickscook-dot-org/thevillager.html for a recent review of
TESLAMANIA!!!

and now for the Collective's newest news!!
Welcome to the future of Collective: Unconscious! With the help of many
friends and supporters near and far we have raised enough money to move!
Collective: Unconscious co-founders/directors Caterina Bartha and Daniel
Green have signed a lease for a new theater in Tribeca as of July 1, 2004!!!
The address is 279 Church Street, near White St. The space will double our
size and will give us much more room to present the fantastic work that
we've been able to bring you since 1995! We will begin demolition
immediately and will hopefully open for business in August.

We still need your help! We need skilled labor, to do construction,
demolition, etc...under the direction of Collective co-founder/director
Patrick Daniels. Over the next month we will need help of all sorts to move
out of our old space and into the new one! If you are able to help, please
respond to this message with your availabity, so we can begin scheduling the
move!!!!

COLLECTIVE WANTS YOU!
We are looking for new members to join the Collective: Unconscious board.
Membership at C:U gives you the opportunity to participate in the day-to-day
activities of a thriving, artist focused, collective art space. You get
access to free rehearsal/studio space, performance space at a deep discount
and much, much more! What we ask from you is to commit yourself to the
mission of the organization, make art or be a producer of other peoples art,
participate in two meetings a month, do door shifts and pay $50/month! If
you are interested in membership, please come to one of our Sunday
management meetings! Our next meeting will be on July 11th at 145 Ludlow
Street. Meetings take place the first and third Sunday of every month,
unless otherwise announced.

BOOKINGS
We will begin to take bookings for our new space immediately and will begin
programming shows as of August in our new space. Please tell everyone you
know that we have a new space!

PARTERING WITH COLLECTIVE: UNCONSCIOUS
If you are a producer, presenter, artist or organization interested in doing
regular programming at Collective please send us a proposal and tell us the
who, what, when of it and we'll consider it!

Collective: Unconscious is entering a new era in its history. Please join us
in celebrating this moment and support our space by continuing to
contribute. We are an all volunteer run space that relies on the generosity
of the artists we serve and their patrons for our very survival. Please
ensure our future by making a contribution today at www.weird-dot-org!

Spread the word and go see art at the space on Ludlow Street while you still
can!