Re: Conductive Black UHMW

Original poster: "Antonio Carlos M. de Queiroz" <acmdq-at-uol-dot-com.br>

Tesla list wrote:

 > Original poster: "Harold Weiss" <hweiss-at-new.rr-dot-com>
 >
 > Hi All,
 >
 > The black UHMW that I bought turned out to be highly conductive.  I can
 > light a LED to half brightness with two AA cells and a 4" strip of the
 > stuff.

This material can have curious applications in electrostatics. It
would be possible, for example, to build an electrostatic machine
entirely made of plastics. An immediate application that I see for
plates of conductive plastic is to make "doublers of electricity":
http://www.coe.ufrj.br/~acmq/bennet.html
http://www.coe.ufrj.br/~acmq/bohnenberger.html
http://www.coe.ufrj.br/~acmq/nicholson.html
http://www.coe.ufrj.br/~acmq/bbennet.html
These devices don't require high currents. I have made them even with
wood as conductor.

Antonio Carlos M. de Queiroz