Re: Conductive Black UHMW

Original poster: "Steve Zeitler" <zeitler-at-verizon-dot-net>

----- Original Message -----
From: "Tesla list" <tesla-at-pupman-dot-com>
To: <tesla-at-pupman-dot-com>
Sent: Saturday, July 03, 2004 11:48 AM
Subject: Conductive Black UHMW

 > Original poster: "Harold Weiss" <hweiss-at-new.rr-dot-com>
 >
 > I too bought some of this black uhmw from Mcmaster Carr. I unwittingly
used it on a sensitive RF based project.
It took  days to figure out why things were totally screwed up. If someone
used it as an insulator on a HV project ........beware!
P S
I"ve been shocked in the past thru good plastic insulators painted with
black spray paint. The carbon black pigment seemed the likely culprit.