Re: Sources for Copper Hardware ? ? ? ?

Original poster: Bert Hickman <bert.hickman-at-aquila-dot-net>

Tesla list wrote:

>Original poster: "Eastern Voltage Research Corporation"
><dhmccauley-at-easternvoltageresearch-dot-com>
>Anyone have a source for copper hardware (in particular i'm looking for
>1/4-20 thread machine screws)
>Thanks
>Dan
>
>.

Hi Dan,

You really wouldn't want copper hardware - it's too soft and has poor
tensile strength. Instead, use what the power companies use for making
solid bus bar connections - silicon bronze hardware. This alloy combines
excellent tensile strength, corrosion resistance (it's often used in marine
applications instead of brass) and high electrical conductivity. You can
find silicon bronze hardware at McMaster-Carr, marine, or electrical
hardware suppliers. You can often find it at metal recycling places
("junqueyards") as well, especially places that accept hardware and bus
bars from electrical and power system tear downs.

Best regards,

-- Bert --
--
We specialize in UNIQUE items! Coins shrunk by Ultrastrong Fields,
Lichtenberg Figures (electrical discharges in acrylic), & Scarce OOP