RE: SSTC theory

Original poster: "Steve Conner" <steve.conner-at-optosci-dot-com>

 >It's better to make a double L-match, performing two impedance
 >conversions by the same factor:
 >Q: 27.5
 >C2 = 115 pF
 >L2 = 21.9 mH
 >(These convert 380 kOhms to 500.4 Ohms)
 >C1 = 87.6 nF
 >L1 = 28.9 uH
 >(These convert 500.5 Ohms to 0.695 Ohms)

If I understand correctly, an inductively coupled Tesla coil also has a
third untuned stage of impedance conversion, of ratio (L2:L1)^2. Did you
take this into account in this calculation, or are you just assuming a
L-match network base-feeding the secondary? Or have I got it completely
wrong?

Steve C.