Re: tesla coil urgent help needed

Original poster: "Paul Marshall" <klugmann-at-hotmail-dot-com>

You are making this far too complex. The aspect raito for any secondary
coil should be no greater than 4.5 to 1. (The winding length on my 4.5" was
22.5") The primary should have about 12-15 turns of copper tubing. Top load
the bigger the better. The tank capacitance should be the maximum that your
transformer can handle. I had a 4.5" diameter coil that got 72" streamers.
Power input was 2600w.  Tank circuit capacitance was .026 microfarads. I
used a forced air RQ style gap and the top load was made from 8" diameter
flexible ducting. the average streamer length was 60". on occasion that hit
the 72" mark. Happy Coiling.....

Paul S. Marshall