Re: MOT success

Original poster: Esondrmn-at-aol-dot-com

In a message dated 1/30/04 11:13:57 AM Pacific Standard Time,
tesla-at-pupman-dot-com writes:

>Original poster: "Aaron Aab" <striker754-at-earthlink-dot-net>
>
>Garbage In = Garbage out right?
>
>34 kVA in = close to 34 kVA out right? some will be lost in heat and sound,
>but the output should be close to 34kVa?
>
>8kV at 4.25A? Yum. How can I measure the output, put it through a stepdown
>tranny I am assuming?
>
>Aaron

Aaron,

I was under the impression that the average MOT put out 2 kv at about 500
ma.  So, your stack would be about 8 kv at 500 ma or 4 kva total.  Maybe
someone who has built one can help here.  Do they need ballast in the
primary or not?  Maybe without ballast they act like a distribution
transformer and just keep putting out current until something melts?

Ed Sonderman