Re: The OLTC II lives!

Original poster: David Sharpe <sccr4us-at-erols-dot-com>

Steve

Outstanding accomplishment!  The SCR "soft-start", the IGBT DC
link breaker, and the high power IGBT driver definitely got my attention,
if for no other reason, the use of Digikey / Radio Shack (US) level
parts.  Excellent performance as well.  Only comment is if you could
combine the IGBT breaker + soft start into a "buck-boost" current limited
chopper that would allow variable DC link voltage and high speed
current interruption during sustained high current or di/dt current rise
above a given value; might simplify "front end" and harden it as well.

At your present power level, what has been your longest run times, and
what level of heat rise have you seen on the SSSG IGBT heatsinks?

Your website report on your project is excellent in regards to design
methodology, schematics and changes along the design path.  Now to
anxiously await operation at full power... (Run for cover IGOR!!!  )

:^D

Best Regards
Dave Sharpe, TCBOR/ HEAS
Chesterfield, VA USA

Tesla list wrote:

 > Original poster: "Steve Conner" <steve.conner-at-optosci-dot-com>
 >
 > Hi all,
 >
 > I have just got my new OLTC working. Here are some pics:

<<SNIPP>>