Over Saturation?

Original poster: "Randy & Lori" <rburney6-at-comcast-dot-net>

Can someone explain Saturation and Over Saturation as it pertains to
Transformers and Inductors?  I know the term and I have a clue, but how do
you know?  Why does my Variac (powered up) give me 0 volts difference of
potential when an ohm meter tells me 0 ohms?  I don't need a lesson on how
my meter reads in DC, I know it's the AC but how?  I even taught Basic
electronics for three years in the military, but this one has always eluded me.

Randy
Savannah, GA