RE: Magnet Wire

Original poster: "Lau, Gary" <gary.lau-at-hp-dot-com>

IMHO, it makes no difference which type you get, as long as the
insulation isn't flaking off (i.e. 60 years old).  Some have suggested
that you should get super high temperature rated double layer stuff.
But in our application, the wire won't get hot and be subjected to
constant vibration as it might in a motor.  Any of the insulation types
is sufficient to hold off the turn-to-turn secondary voltage, and none
of them is sufficient to hold off corona or streamer strikes.

Gary Lau
MA, USA

 >Original poster: "Newell Jensen" <pillar2012-at-hotmail-dot-com>
 >
 >Hey everybody,
 >
 >I am looking to purchase some magnet wire for my first TC and I have
found
 >some different types that are all for the same AWG size.  There is
Heavy
 >Poly Nylon (HPN), Polyimide Enamel (ML), Single Amidester (Sa), and
Single