Re: The resonance research "monster" NST

Original poster: Gregory Hunter <ghunter31014-at-yahoo-dot-com>

 > Original poster: Rob Maas <robm-at-nikhef.nl>
 >
 >  > > just one question,
 >  > > would there be any saturation problem running
 >  > > 2x110v60hz
 >  > > in series on 240v50hz?
 >  > >
 >  > >
 >  > > RM
 >  >
 >  >It will work fine. 60Hz NSTs will digest 50Hz
 > current
 >  >with no problem at all. Ditto for most yank
 >  >appliances, microwave ovens, toasters, power
 > tools,
 >  >lamps, and so on. 50Hz current doesn't seem to
 > bother
 >  >them any.
 >  >
 >  >Cheers,
 >  >
 >  >=====
 >  >Gregory R. Hunter
 >
 > It's only no problem when those appliances have been
 > DESIGNED
 > for 50/60 Hz operation (as mentioned on their type
 > plates).
 > A properly designed (not OVERdesigned) 60 Hz
 > transformer will
 > either fry when operated under load at 50 Hz or, at
 > best, not
 > be able to deliver it's full load.
 >
 > Rob Maas

I can only relate my own experiences as a resident of
the United Kingdom for 4 years. My 60Hz yank
appliances, power tools, sound system, etc., worked
just fine on 50Hz current with no problems. My
television sets wouldn't work, but this was a
synchronization problem, and their exposure to 50Hz
did them no harm. Likewise, my experiments with a
Transco 60Hz NST and a collection of 120vac/60Hz MOTs
were uneventful. Even the MOTs, which supposedly skimp
on both iron and copper to save cost, and run at the
edge of saturation, behaved normally at 50Hz. I stand
by my earlier statements. I predict 60Hz NSTs will
handle 50Hz current without any trouble.

=====
Gregory R. Hunter

http://hot-streamer-dot-com/greg

_