Film can misunderstanding

Original poster: "J. B. Weazle McCreath" <weazle-at-hurontel.on.ca>

At 01:29 PM 25/01/04 -0700, you wrote:

 >Original poster: "Lau, Gary" <gary.lau-at-hp-dot-com>
 >
 >These film canisters are typically HDPE, which is a good choice for a
 >dielectric.  But c'mon, look at the size!  You'd want at least an inch
 >margin between the top of the foil plate and the top of the canister.  That
 >would leave you with a plate cylinder maybe an inch diameter by an inch
 >high?  Have you done the math to determine how many of these you'd need to
 >achieve a useful capacitace?  I haven't, but I would imagine you'd need
 >hundreds.
 >
 >Gary Lau
 >MA, USA
 >

 >Original poster: "J. B. Weazle McCreath" <weazle-at-hurontel.on.ca>
 >

 >Ravi, Coilers,
 >
 >Empty plastic 35 mm film containers make a nice cap for bottle capacitors.
 >A small hole punched or drilled in the centre of the bottom will hold the
 >lead, rod, or whatever is used for the internal electrode.
 >
 >73, Weazle, VE3EAR/VE3WZL
 >
 >Details of my "Hyperbaric Gap" and Tesla coil are at:
 >http://www.hurontel.on.ca/~weazle

Gary, Coilers,

You misunderstood what I was trying to get across.  I didn't mean that
they be used as the actual dielectric for a cap, but rather they could
be used as a cap or top for the beer bottles in a salt water capacitor,
to keep out foreign material and at the same time provide support for
the internal wire, rod, or whatever.  They fit the neck of Corona beer
bottles perfectly.