Re: toroid for my coil.

Original poster: "Gary  Weaver" <gary350-at-earthlink-dot-net>

Hi

When your toroid gets too large you will know it.  4 streamers are really
cool looking as far as I am concerned. If your toroid is too large you get
no streamers at all so you must tape a nail or something to the side to get
1 streamer.  That 1 streamer will be a very white hot lighting bolt.  If you
tape a nail in several places then you will get more streamers.  I don't
think you can get a top load that is too large you can always attach a nail
to it and get a streamer no matter how large it is.  The larger toroid holds
a larger charge and discharges a hotter arc.

Check out my 38" diameter sphere
http://home.earthlink-dot-net/~gary350/tc10-4.jpg 12 ft sparks.

If you want to try your luck with a larger toroid check out ebay auction
3170733307 I have 4 of these to sell I am cleaning out my work shop I need
the extra space more than I need all the stuff I have piled up so I have no
place to work on new projects.

Gary Weaver