Re: Coil sensitive to primary tapping

Original poster: FutureT-at-aol-dot-com

In a message dated 1/24/04 3:15:16 AM Eastern Standard Time,
tesla-at-pupman-dot-com writes:

>Original poster: "Aaron Aab" <striker754-at-earthlink-dot-net>
>
>Yes the sparks are wimpy. I have 5 MOTs sitting here, thats why i have the
>huge toroid. Im gonna wire 4 of them up and use one as a ballast possibly.
>
>my NST is pretty wimpy 9kV/60mA, more power is a solution to this right?
>That will build more voltage up in the toroid and let it break out easier
>correct?
>
>Aaron

Aaron,

An "optimally" built TC can give 40" or longer sparks using a 9/60 NST.
Typical designs may give 25" sparks perhaps.

Generally more power input will give longer sparks if the spark gap and
general coil design can handle the extra power.

John