Re: another quick question

 > Original poster: "Luke" <Bluu-at-cox-dot-net>
 >
 > I think I know the answer to this already but have to ask and risk
annoying
 > everyone with a question that shouldn't need to be asked.
 >
 > If a supply transformer were rated at say 1000 watts  that would be 1000
 > joules per second right?

Yes, if the xformer were rated in watts

 > Joules is a measure of energy right?

Yes

 > Under absolutely perfect conditions no losses anywhere in the whole TC
 > circuit, say no gap losses at all and for some reason a way were found to
 > get the energy from the primary to the secondary with no loss whatsoever,
 > can there be more than 1000 joules released from the top load in one
 > second?  I am not talking if the supply transformer were an NST and ran at
 > resonance so the joules being offered were higher than rated.
 >
 > Bottom line I am wondering if the assumption is correct that the amount of
 > energy fed in is the maximum amount of energy you could get out.  Of
course
 > voltages might be higher or lower and currents might be higher or lower
but
 > the actual energy would never be higher than what is being fed in to the
 > system even if all was a picture of perfection.
 >
 > Is that a correct assumption?

Yes maybe,
I'm assuming you mean joules/sec or watts and we are talking on an average.
If you have 1000watts in (real actual power) and no losses, then you will
have 1000 watts out (averaged over a complete system cycle so we don't
concern ourselves with peak power).

If you are really meaning joules (energy which assumes power input over a
specified period of time) then the same can be said.  1000 joules in, no
losses and no energy remaining in storage after the period of time, then the
energy out would be 1000 joules.

Gerry R