RE: Component Salvage - the TV Set

Original poster: "Philip Chalk" <phil-at-apsecurity-dot-com.au>

All,

Wow! Even intact, non-gassy ones ?  They're crazy, & would want good
insurance. Can be risky business for 'unskilled', or unaware people to
handle large, intact CRTs.

As a kid, being the young 'Mad Scientist' of the neighbourhood, &
repository for every 'broken' electrical/electronic/electro-mechanical
device from friends/family/neighbours, I came up with a few methods of
disposal - some more fun than others.

My Auntie still has a fruit-bowl cut from the faceplate glass of an old
B&W CRT. (I broke it's neck off underwater, for a sort-of 'controlled
implosion')

Phil Chalk.