From: Tesla list [mailto:tesla-at-pupman-dot-com]
Sent: Friday, January 23, 2004 7:10 PM
To: tesla-at-pupman-dot-com
Subject: RE: toroid for my coil.

Original poster: "Lau, Gary" <gary.lau-at-hp-dot-com>

The 4x30 toroid will definitely work; you may just get multiple shorted
streamers rather than the longest possible single streamer.  Mostly a
personal preference thing.

Gary Lau
MA, USA

Original poster: "Luke" <Bluu-at-cox-dot-net>

I will be using a 15/60 NST a cap size of about .016 mfd and I have
finally
decided to go the static spark gap route for this coil and attack the
SRSG
later if I get the bug. (thanx everyone for the info there may be a
round 2)

I was going to use a toroid of 4" minor dia and about 18" major dai.
I happened to buy some flexible duct from McMaster carr and it is 4 1/8"

dia but the smallest I can roll this stuff is like a 30" outer dia.
would
this be out of the question for my toroid size?  I would still be at eh
4"
minor dia so the voltage breakout would be the same (I think)  but I am
bit confused as to how to figure out if there will be enough joules
produced to use a toroid of this size.  Seems there is no exact way of
figuring this out as a definite.  So thought I would ask the experienced

ones what they thought.

I like this ducting and really want to use it.  But if there is no way
it
will work with this coil ill have to figure something else out.

Luke Galyan
Bluu-at-cox-dot-net