From: Tesla list [mailto:tesla-at-pupman-dot-com]
Sent: Friday, January 23, 2004 4:46 PM
To: tesla-at-pupman-dot-com
Subject: Re: breakout voltage

If you are applying this to a Tesla coil, no, it is not at all accurate.
TC
spark output depends on inductance ratio not spark length --- as the
spark
"grows" much longer through repeat ionization of the air near the HV
terminal.  You can see this effect with a very high speed camea.

You equation is for DC potentials.

Dr. Resonance

Resonance Research Corporation
E11870 Shadylane Rd.