Re: Triggered Spark Gaps

Original poster: "Marc E. Metlicka" <mystuffs-at-orwell-dot-net>

Hi Dan,  All!

Tesla list wrote:

 > Original poster: dhmccauley-at-spacecatlighting-dot-com
 >
 > Triggered spark gaps typically have relatively short lifetimes,

Hmmm, I've been using triggered gaps for a while now and the only short
lived units were either blown excessively with air (plasma torch) or
built with poor materials.

especially
 > as you start increasing peak current.

Again, (plasma torch) If the material ionizes or sputters out it will
support conduction.
  But a TC primary current?

 > Probably not worth the effort or time to try using in a high-pulse rep-rate

Oh I beg to differ, high rep rates and dwell times are where the
triggered gap shine.

  Marc M.