sstc first light

Original poster: "Nick Miller" <nickstuffinc-at-hotmail-dot-com>

             I just made a small tesla coil. if you ever go into radio
shack to pick up magnet wire you will notice they have a small selection.
all i could find was a bag with 3 spools of wire. i bought the wire with
about fifty other things in plans to make a flyback driver. once i got the
flyback hooked up i was disapointed 1/8 sparks dc at 12volt input. it turns
out that the secondary was shot:-(. i decieded to take alturnative action i
removed the ferrit core and put it on the roll of 30awg wire that came with
the bag, it happen to fit perfectly. when i hooked it back up i got 1/2
sparks that disinergrated the wire at each end of the arc soon after the
secondary arc over and i need to get another spool. thought i should share
my success. anyone have similar coils or sugestions

             Nick miller nickstuffinc.

_