Re: Polished Copper Sphere for VDG, TC, or...?

Original poster: Mddeming-at-aol-dot-com

In a message dated 1/20/04 10:14:21 AM Eastern Standard Time,
tesla-at-pupman-dot-com writes:

That looks pretty! But I've given up on spheres. Even on top of toroids they
just tend to push the breakout on the toroid downwards.

Tom L.

Hi Tom, All,
     Has anyone here tried building a "mushroom" topload with the
proportions, but not the size, that Tesla proposed for Wardenclyffe? Seems
to me that since the ROC is smallest at the bottom, the most intense field
would always be directed downward. Maybe? It might make an interesting
field plot exercise for some snow-bound individual with access to a lot of
computing power. It could, perhaps, be approximated mathematically as a
stack of N toroids of minor diameter d and varying major diameters as
N-->infinity and d--> zero.
     Of course, it's possible that the "business part" of the Wardenclyffe
topload was to be a large toroid as in Pat. No. 1,119,732 and the rest of
the "mushroom cap" was just a weather shield. Always fun to speculate on
things that never were completed.

Matt D.