RSG disk material

Original poster: "steve" <steve_vance-at-cablelynx-dot-com>

I have decided to abandon the ARSG and go synchronous . I have a 3450rpm 3/4 hp
  bench grinder that I have modified for 3600rpm synchronous operation.
I was wondering what material would make a good disk for it? I have read of
people
using G10 but I don't even know what it is let alone where to get it. I am
thinking of
making a 6" disk out of a 3/8 poly cutting board. I don't think I should
have a problem
with the weight (3/4HP).  Has anyone tried this? Will it hold up? I would
hate to lose an
  electrode at 3600rpm 8^(

Steve Vance