Re: Flourescent tube primary

Original poster: Harvey Norris <harvich-at-yahoo-dot-com>

 > Original poster: "explorecraft"
 > <pariah-at-explorecraft-dot-com>
 >
 > I haven't seen this discussed anwhere,
 >   but has anyone ever tried using
 >   (one or array) of circular flourescent tubes
 >   as a primary for a stepup transformer?
 > My guess is that the inductance is lost to ions
 >   absorbing energy inside the tube.
I would imagine the amperage conductions in the tubes
are rather miniscule compared to the amperage
conductions with a copper primary. Interestingly
however the inductive reactance of a neon discharge
can be found by placing a known high impedance coil in
series with the neon, and noting how the addition of
that inductive reactance changed the circuit from its
prior state of single loaded neon discharge.
HDN