Re: xenon flash tubes as gaps Re: Zener SSTC?

Original poster: Bert Hickman <bert.hickman-at-aquila-dot-net>

Mark and Chris,

Be VERY careful when experimenting with that short-arc lamp. It uses xenon
gas under high pressure. These lamps can explode violently if accidentally
subjected to electrical or mechanical abuse! Even the presence of small
scratches or fingerprints on the outer quartz bulb an be a problem.

Best regards,

-- Bert --