Re: coil design help

Original poster: Bart Anderson <classi6-at-classictesla-dot-com>

Hi Steve,
I'm not sure if you received an answer to your question.

If you change the cap size, you must retune the primary to resonate with
the secondary's resonant frequency, regardless of breakrate.

If you designed your primary turns for the 0.097uF cap size (meaning, it
resonates with the secondary), and then you change the cap to .024uF, you
will need to increase the turns on the primary so that L1 and L2 are
designed for the same resonant frequency.

Take care,
Bart