From: Tesla list [mailto:tesla-at-pupman-dot-com]
Sent: Friday, January 16, 2004 8:18 PM
To: tesla-at-pupman-dot-com
Subject: Re: SRSG gap distance?

Original poster: Brett Miller <brmtesla2-at-yahoo-dot-com>

Wait till he sinks his teeth into phase angle adjustment...

Original poster: Terry Fritz

Hi Luke,

At 11:50 AM 1/16/2004, you wrote:
  >Let me see if I have got this right.
  >In a static gap the adjustments are made by varying the distance of
the gap.

Yes.

  >With a rotary gap however you do not adjust this distance. It is set
and
  >the thing that makes and breaks is the physical motion between
electrodes.
  >Is that it?

Yes.

  >And if this is all true how do you determine how close the gap should
be
  >on a SRSG?

It should be very close, but far enough that the electrodes don't crash
together (that is bad!).

  >Is there a formula for this? Or is it just set really small and the
  >distance doesn't really mater?

Smallest distance without it hitting.

Cheers,

Terry