Re[2]: Largest VTTC?

Original poster: Mike Poulton <mpoulton-at-mtptech-dot-com>

Tesla list Wrote:
 > Original poster: Ed Phillips <evp-at-pacbell-dot-net>

 >         Certainly induction heater generators of far higher power have been
 > used, but I suspect no one has bothered to build a big coil for hobby
 > purposes.  Sounds like an interesting and ambitious project; please keep
 > us informed on progress.  Have you considered replacement cost if and/or
 > when you lose one of your big tubes?  I'd hate to base a big project on
 > "nonrenewable" resources.

These are effectively a nonrenewable resource -- neither of us is
willing to pay $700 for another tube.  However, we will probably only
run one tube in the circuit, which means we get to trash one during
development (though hopefully we won't).  Other huge power triodes
(including even larger ones) show up on ebay from time to time, so
there is some hope of replacement, even if the new part is different.

Mike Poulton
MTP Technologies
mpoulton-at-mtptech-dot-com
KC0LLX (70cm AM ATV, 33cm/12cm FM ATV, Omaha, NE)