RE: Secondary size

Original poster: "Luke" <Bluu-at-cox-dot-net>

Tom in the reply you just gave
you say pick a minimum height based on power input, to prevent numerous
strikes to the primary /strike rail.
Wow how profound.

So what your reply is missing is the same thing all the others are
missing.  HOW does one do that.  Some would expect an arc of 50" to
travel 50" so it would be logical to make a coil taller than this so the
arcs can not reach the bottom.  There were no guide lines given as to
what to base your statement on.

Its like telling someone to pick a car that will take them from las
Vegas to la and back on one tank of gas.  That is hard to do since they
were never told anything about gas milage.

John laid out some observations and then stated a rule of thumb that
might be obtained from it.  Even though it is rough it is a starting
point.
Oh John if you are reading this thanx, and I do understand that it is a
rough guide line.  LOl even if you had tried to tell me in earlier posts
I got it.

Everyone else seems to have said just make it big enough.  They never
mentioned anything about how to figure out what big enough was.

So telling me to make it tall enough to avoid strikes is good and I knew
that before I ever asked.  But very few seem to actuall tell HOW they
figured that tall enough value out in the first place.

Luke Galyan
Bluu-at-cox-dot-net