From: Tesla list [mailto:tesla-at-pupman-dot-com]
Sent: Wednesday, January 14, 2004 3:30 PM
To: tesla-at-pupman-dot-com
Subject: Re: Secondary size

Keep your coilform dia as large as practical.  An 8-10 inch dia for even
small coil will give much longer sparks due to it's overall higher
inductance ratio (sqr (Ls/Lp).  A 2 inch dia. coil won't cut it --- too
low
inducance ratio because IR goes up as the square of the radius.

Dr. Resonance

Resonance Research Corporation
E11870 Shadylane Rd.
Baraboo   WI   53913

  > To: Dr. Resonance
  > I have already understood (to some degree) the information you just
  > posted.
  > You seem to have missed what I was asking.
  > I know 4.5:1 works very well.  Since this is true I could then use my
  > 15KV 60Ma NST, give it a SRSG and a MC of .028 micro farads.  Then my
  > optimal coil height would be 9" tall right?  Providing I use a
secondary
  > dia. of 2" I would still be in the 4.5:1 ratio and poof I should fall
  > into a good rule of thumb for my coil height.  I got it!  Thanx!
  >
  > Ok that was not meant to be sarcastic.  I was trying to show you that
  > the ratio was not my question as stated in the original question.
There