Anyone in UK want some 160mm polypropylene pipe for coil form?

Original poster: "Gavin Sandison" <gms-at-eclipse.co.uk>

Hello,

I’ve been looking for PP pipe to use as my secondary coil form for quite
some time now.  I found a company called Epco Ltd
(www-dot-epco-plastics-dot-com) who sell pressure pipe systems in several
types of plastic, including PVC and PP.  Polypropylene has a very low
dissipation factor and a good dielectric strength.  Search for ‘dielectric’
in this list to find a table comparing these properties of various
materials.  PP is third down, I recall.

Anyway, I contacted Epco and it turns out that they only sell pipe in 6
metre lengths.  Unfortunately this is six times the length I need and this
stuff is not cheap.  So I’m calling out to all you UK coilers – If I can
find enough people interested then I’m sure Epco would be quite happy to
cut a length into pieces and ship to each of us.

I talked to the UK branch manager and he offered a 30% discount if I bought
a whole 6m length.  I’m not sure if he would be able to extend this to what
I’m talking about here, but we might be lucky.  He offered £71.56 inc VAT
for 6m   - about £12 per metre.  Without the discount it would work out to
~£17 per metre.  Not bad when compared to the other components of a
TC.  Postage would be on top of that of course.  I’d imagine it would be £5-10.

Finally, the specs for this pipe:

Diameter: 160mm (~6in)
Wall thickness:  4mm
Weight: 1.94 kg/m
Epco Product No: 032.P.1602.5
Their pricelist / datasheet for this range of pipe can be found on their
website above.

If anyone is even vaguely interested please email me:
gms-at-eclipse-dot-co-dot-uk  Please don’t bother if you live outside Great
Britain unless you would be prepared to pay very expensive shipping
costs.  (this is big pipe)

I am prepared to buy 2m but only need 1m.  If I get enough people
interested so that we can split a 6m length, then I’ll contact Epco and
arrange our orders.

Thanks for reading,

Gavin Sandison