SUCCESSFUL FIRST LIGHT

Original poster: Robert Schiemann <bobbyrj3d-at-yahoo-dot-com>

Hello List,

      Tonight I set up my new 23 AWG, 41 inch long, 4.5 inch OD coil. I
have 15 kV at 90 ma as. input I have a bank of 10 geek group MMC capacitors
with the recommended bleeder resisters. I used a variac to slowly raise the
voltage. At 50 volts I was getting numerous small streamers. As i slowly
cranked up the variac, the break rate increased. The streamer length also
did. I turned up to 110V and was getting multiple streamers with an
occasional 3+ foot streamer. I turned it up o 130 and the fuse blew. I then
replaced it and did a few more test runs keeping it below 110v. Sorry my
writing isn't very fluid; I'm very excited. I think these are pretty good
results for a 15 year old :-D

Jah Bless,
Robert