Re[2]: MOT current limiting shunts

Original poster: Mike Poulton <mpoulton-at-mtptech-dot-com>

 > Original poster: "Hydrogen18" <hydrogen18-at-hydrogen18-dot-com>
 > For example, say we have a 240 VAC winding that draws 4 amps when the
secondary
 > is shorted(secondary number of turns not important in this example). If we
 > divide volts / amperes = impedance we get 240 / 4 = 60 ohms. I'm pretty sure
 > that is the correct way to do that.

What you just measured there is the *impedance* of the transformer,
which includes the resistance of the primary and secondary, and the
leakage inductance, all in series.  To measure the actual resistance
of a winding, apply a *DC* voltage and measure the current through it
(or vice versa).

Mike Poulton
MTP Technologies
mpoulton-at-mtptech-dot-com
KC0LLX (70cm AM ATV, 33cm/12cm FM ATV, Omaha, NE)