RE: Variacs and stationary gap TCs

Original poster: Thomas <tom-at-pwrcom-dot-com.au>

Original poster: "J. B. Weazle McCreath" <weazle-at-hurontel.on.ca>

I'm not sure about that, but I hope you've got properly adjusted safety
gaps and a "Terry Filter" to protect your NST!
----

Nope, the only protection is that I set the static gap to just fire when
only the NST is connected.

This transformer has taken heaps of punishment over the years I've had it
(touching wood), and I got it for free. If it dies and I have to buy another
one, then I'll concider adding some protection.

Thanks for the RF meter idea too - I might try that. The vacuum cleaner
motor I'm using for my blower gag has a power control (looks like a beefed
up lamp dimmer).

Tom L.