RE: Aluminum tape on toroids? What about the sticky side being nonconducting?

Original poster: "Lau, Gary" <gary.lau-at-hp-dot-com>

A pair of pie plates may connect many of the strips, but my toroid (and
probably most pie pans) are a good deal less than perfectly flat, so a fair
number of tape strips would not be in contact.  And more importantly, I had
a piece of wood and some EMI gasket, and I did not have any pie
plates.  And even if I did have the pie pans, it's unlikely they would be
the correct size for my toroid.

Gary Lau
MA, USA

Original poster: Dan <toodamtall1-at-yahoo-dot-com>

Gary, I saw your post about the wooden disk in the
center of your toroid.

Don't the metal pie pans connect all the tape rows
together?

I remember reading a post a while back that said you
should use two back to back metal pie tins like a
car's wheel rim, and put the foil tape covered duct
around that like a tire. Shouldn't the pie tins
connect all the al tape together?

Thanks
Dan--Ft. Lauderdale

_