Re: Please help with capacitor

Original poster: "Harold Weiss" <hweiss-at-new.rr-dot-com>

Hi All,

Pictures of this cap may be viewed at:

www.teslacoil-dot-org  Jeff Larson's site. or

http://www.tb3-dot-com/tesla/teslathonCH2002/index.htm
Terry Blake's site.

Jeff's gap is a real neat idea and it was amazing to watch it in action.
His capacitors are really nice and look to be built like a tank.  I would
like to try a Ultem cap using that design.  Again, GOOD JOB Jeff!

David E Weiss

 > Original poster: "John Richardson" <jprich-at-up-dot-net>
 >
 > Hi,
 >
 > Jeff Larson has a beautiful coil that utilizes a homemade cap that he and
 > Bert H. built, and it performs flawlessly and for long run times.  I
 > personally have seen it run at several T-thons over the last several
years,
 > and it's still going strong.  He's also got a super cool adjustable while
 > running copper static gap.
 >
 > John Richardson
 >

 >  > Original poster: Esondrmn-at-aol-dot-com
 >  >
 >  > In a message dated 1/6/04 10:24:56 PM Pacific Standard Time,
 >  > tesla-at-pupman-dot-com writes:
 >  >
 >  > Dan,
 >  >
 >  > I have made several rolled poly caps as well, many years ago when I
first
 >  > got into coiling.  You certainly can make rolled poly caps that will
 >  > survive and work well in service.  If adequately designed, they take up
 >  > lot of room, require thick dielectric layers (or several in series) and
 >  > don't produce many microfarads at our voltage level per cubic foot - if
 > you
 >  > know what I mean.  I started out with one dielectric layer of .0625".
Two