From: Tesla list [mailto:tesla-at-pupman-dot-com]
Sent: Tuesday, January 06, 2004 9:48 AM
To: tesla-at-pupman-dot-com
Subject: Re: TC Questions

Original poster: "gtyler" <gtyler-at-drummond-dot-org.za>

Hi,
      I am involved in electronic design but I see that that does not
qualify me to build a TC! There are many things to learn before I can
even begin. Can some one explain this to me please.
      What happens after the spark gap "fires"? does the arc continue for
the rest of the mains 1/2 cycle? If so there will be 1 pulse of HV every
1/2 cycle, and the current flowing after the spark gap fires is waisted.
Also the repetition rate will be 100 or 120 hz.?

George