Some newbie questions

Original poster: "Aaron Aab" <striker754-at-earthlink-dot-net>

Hey guys!

Building a coil in my garage, and have a couple questions.

Can I drill a hole in the pvc pipe and run the 2 ends of the secondary coil
inside the pipe to a lug in the caps and then use a bolt to exit the pipe?

Does everything needing to be grounded go to the same ground rod? Strike
rod, secondary coil, etc?

Are there any cheap protection I can use to protect the NST? I don't want
to spend 50 bucks worth of stuff for that one protection circuit. Will a
safety gap, and 2 chokes work well? Chokes are just magnet wire wrapped
about 100 times around a pvc pipe correct?

Thanks a bunch!

Aaron