Re: Getting more input power

Original poster: Ed Phillips <evp-at-pacbell-dot-net>

"Ed,

3 Phase:  each phase 120 degrees apart from each other.

2 Phase:  each phase 180 degrees apart from each other.

240 Vac into house is two 120 Vac lines, 180 degrees apart from each
other,
and each relative to a common neutral.  Earth ground is a separate
fourth
wire.  Now, do you call this two single phase lines or a two phase
system?
I know what I call it.

Anyway, this is what I'm meaning,

Gerry R"

	I call it single phase and I think most everyone else does too.

Ed