Re: 5MV, 15/120mA Tesla Coil

You are referring to the Breit, Tuve, and Dahl coil made in the late 1930's.
I met Greg Breit, retired Prof. Emeritus, at the UW-Wisconsin, and discussed
the coil with him.  They used the coil to accelerate electrons to high
energy levels to produce X-rays but the system proved so unreliable and
unstable it was later abandoned in favor of large Van de Graaffs.

Their original claim was 5 MEV but it was latered discovered it was only
close to 1.25 MEV in oil.  Their sparkgap system of measurement was totally
off.

Dr. Resonance

Resonance Research Corporation
E11870 Shadylane Rd.