Re: Secondary winding frustration

Original poster: Bart Anderson <classi6-at-classictesla-dot-com>

Maybe they could:
If they charged a large 3uF cap up for single shot mode (that may take some
time) and used a very large terminal. I just modeled the coil with an
18"x40" toroid.

15.77 [kHz] = Secondary Resonant Frequency
175 = Turns Per inch
0.00322 [inch] = Space Between Turns (edge to edge)
24455.71 [ohms] = DC Resistance
185714 [ohms] = Reactance at Resonance
1874.275 [mH] = Les-Effective Series Inductance
1890.326 [mH] = Lee-Equivalent Energy Inductance
1872.477 [mH] = Ldc-Low Frequency Inductance
54.343 [pF] = Ces-Effective Shunt Capacitance
53.321 [pF] = Cee-Equivalent Energy Capacitance
75.338 [pF] = Cdc-Low Frequency Capacitance
20.692 [mils] = Skin Depth <---------------- note, very lossy for 42g wire
21210 [volts] = Charging Voltage
21198 [volts] = Arc Voltage
674.8 [joules] = Primary Cap Energy
6308.9 [amps] = Primary Instantaneous Current < ---- Ouch!
99.9 [%] = Percent Cap Charged at Gap Conduction
1 [BPS] = Breaks Per Second
674 [joules] = Effective Cap Energy <---- Ouch!
5028017 [volts] = Terminal Voltage <---- There you go!
63.7 [inch] = Spark Length

But, what type of primary, cap, and sparkgap must be built to handle this
kind of power? I guess the real question is, what was left of the coil
following discharge?

Take care,
Bart