More information on Nightmare Mikes 90kV/270mA Tesla Coil

Original poster: dhmccauley-at-spacecatlighting-dot-com

 > On another subject, you previously posted (10-4-03) some information on a
 > Tesla coil you had made using a 90kV, 270ma  X-ray transformer charging a
 > bank of five-hundred (500) Cornell Dubilier model 943 capacitors (5
strings
 > of 100 capacitors). I am unaware of anyone else ever successfully using
90kV
 > in a Tesla coil tank circuit, and would be very interested if you could
 > provide a detailed description of the entire system, its performance and
the
 > types of problems you encountered during debugging this system. Of course,
 > few photographs would be worth a lot of verbiage.
 >
 > Regards,
 > Scott Hanson

Yes, I second that.  Mike has stated that he has done quite a large number
of "hardcore" tesla projects including
many giant pole transformer jacob's ladders, massive coin shrinkers,
including the 24kW, 90kV/270mA X-Ray powered
tesla coil.  So far, all I've seen is a lot of talk, but no photos or
detailed descriptions on performance, problems, and
lessons learned etc...  I am very interested in seeing some more information
regarding these projects and definitely some
pictures especially the x-ray powered tesla coil and descriptions on what
your 100kV+ spark gap looks like, how you
solved your corona problems on the primary circuit, etc...

I know that Terry does have public space available on the
www.hot-streamer-dot-com website for some photos etc...

Please post some!!!

Thanks
Dan