Re: HAPTZ wire splicing question

Original poster: Bart Anderson <classi6-at-classictesla-dot-com>

Hi Robert,

I've had to do this in the past for shorted turns. It's really up to you as
far what you prefer to do, but yes it will work to solder the 22g together.
Just file each end down to a flat so that when joined, they resemble a
single wire. Cosmetically, you don't want a big bump in there. Do this
before winding, then dip in polyurethane or similar coating to throw a
similar insulation over the connection. If it's only a couple ends to
solder, it's won't be big deal. Cosmetically, it will have a shinny
appearance at the connections. It will also put your soldering skills to
the test (tin each end first).

Take care,
Bart