Re: Secondary winding frustration

Original poster: tesla <tesla-at-paradise-dot-net.nz>

A technique I've used sucessfull is to keep the supply spool several meters
from the secondary and to pass the wire thru a weight. The whole thing is
arranged so that the weight keeps a constant tension on the wire. I keep the
weight in place with cotton strings so it can't move too far too. With this
technique I have been able to have near hands off winding just moveing the
feeder spool to keep it slightly behind the winding point on the secondary.
Good luck
ted l in NZ